[Samba] cups newbe

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 20:30:52 GMT 2004

>After getting everything setup and running I am getting a "Access denied,
>unable to connect" error on the printer window, but I can still print test
>pages???..

In my experience, this message is related to Windows not knowing/getting the printer queue information from Samba correctly (printing will still work though).  Try adding
  lpq command = lpstat -o %p

to the [Printers] section.  You may need to look at the description for the "lpq command" to get the correct syntax for your setup.  You may also want to look at the lprm command as well.
  lprm command = cancel %p-%j