[Samba] SaveAs Permissions

mike montagne mike at opsisarch.com
Mon Nov 22 18:48:14 GMT 2004

When I open a file (Word doc in this case) on a share I have marked as
read-only and the do a "SaveAs" to a share that has a "force create mode
= 0775", I would expect the file created to be writable by user/group.
But the permissions I get are 666.  I can't get the "write" permission
to show up.  If I copy the same file using windows Explorer, it is
creatred correctly.  I tried to open a .txt file from a cdrom drive and
"SaveAs".  This worked as expected?  Is this the way it is supposed to
work?  Is it MSWord at fault?

-mjm