[Samba] Cross-subnet browsing, with a twist

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 22 16:42:17 GMT 2004

Hi,

We have a server being hosted in a data center.  We would like to use it
  as our PDC.  I got the remote browse sync and announce figured out.
But, if possible, we would prefer not have the domain/workgroup
advertised on the subnet where the PDC reside and conversely not receive
the browse list for workgroup hosted on the PDC subnet on our local net.
  Right now, I firewalled the subnet address for UDP 137 and 138 on the
PDC, but it break name resolution for reasons I don't understand.  Are
there a better way to do that ?

Feel free to ask for clarification if you don't understand.  I'm trying
to be concise, but I admit the I have problem formulating the problem to
myself !

Etienne Goyer