[Samba] Machine accounts disabled when created on the fly

Paul Coray paul.coray at unibas.ch
Fri Nov 19 17:12:19 GMT 2004

Hi all

How can I prevent my Samba PDC from setting the D flag (Disabled) in
SambaAcctFlags of all machine accounts created on the fly?
smbldap-useradd -w from Idealx which is called by the add machine script
directive doesn't do that, so i must be Samba...

I use Samba 3.0.7, Debian Sarge, ldapsam Backend (OpenLDAP 2.1.30).

Here is my conf:

[global]
         workgroup = UB
         server string = %h server (Samba %v)
         map to guest = Bad User
         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
         syslog = 0
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 1000
         add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
         add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
         add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
         delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x
"%u" "%g"
         set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
         logon path =
         logon drive = U:
         logon home = \\%L\%U
         domain logons = Yes
         os level = 65
         preferred master = Yes
         domain master = Yes
         wins support = Yes
         ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch
         ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
         ldap passwd sync = Yes
         ldap suffix = dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch
         ldap user suffix = ou=Users
         case sensitive = No

Thanks and regards

Paul
--
Paul Coray
Administrator Server und Netzwerk

Oeffentliche Bibliothek der Universitaet Basel
EDV-Abteilung
Schoenbeinstrasse 18-20
CH-4056 Basel

Tel: +41 61 267 05 13