[Samba] Recycle VFS Second Pair of Eyes

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Fri Nov 19 10:55:34 GMT 2004

Holger Krull schrieb:
> Christoph Scheeder schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>> one smal but bad typo:
>>
>>>         vfs objects = recycle
>>
>> here:               ^
>> has to be
>>           vfs object = recycle
>
> That's no typo. Both forms are allowed. From the docs
> (http://sambafr.idealx.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html):
>

> vfs object
>
>    This parameter is a synonym for vfs objects.
> vfs objects (S)
>
>    This parameter specifies the backend names which are used for Samba
> VFS I/O operations. By default, normal disk I/O operations are used but
> these can be overloaded with one or more VFS objects.
>
>    Default: vfs objects =
>    Example: vfs objects = extd_audit recycle

you're right, my fault.
but while checking i found another difference between his recylcle conf
and mine, dont't know if it matters:

he has:
         recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.~??
         recycle:excludedir = /tmp /temp /cache

i have:
         recycle:exclude = *.tmp, *.temp, *.~??
         recycle:excludedir = /tmp, /temp, /cache

it's worth a try to insert these commas as seperators.
but thinking about it something other pops to my mind:

what are the permisions on his .recycle folder?
AFAIR the files get moved as the connected user-id,
the users have to have at least UNIX-write permision to that dir, or the
files will silently get lost.
Christoph