[Samba] Samba PDC with shares accessible for not logged users - how?

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Nov 17 20:23:37 GMT 2004

> As I'm logged onto that workstation as an Administrator (Administrator
> of that PC, not logged into a domain), I get something like that into
> the logs - when I double click on a Server icon in a Network
> Neighbourhood:

Sounds like you want to be dealing with the guest parameters. Just off
the top of my head, you can try setting guest ok = yes, then you need a
guest account to map the username to so that samba stays sane.  You
could try either setting up a guest and putting that into the guest
account = directive or using any user that has permissions on the
share.  And of course make sure it's read only, which I believe you've
already done.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322