[Samba] RE: SOLVED: More Printing Fun (Point and print not working)

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Wed Nov 17 18:51:33 GMT 2004

Ok, last night I was able to do some work after the
trolls, er, users went home.

1)  printer admin= is set in the [global] section.

2)  restarted samba.  Same problem.

3)  stopped samba.  got rid of all printing related tdb
files.  started samba.  made no other changes.  was able
to add drivers to the print$ share.

All this was done remotely, so I couldn't verify
that the printers were actually printing, so I
came in a little early and saw that they were.

So, I'm guessing I had another corrupt tdb file,
probably from screwing around so much trying to get
the slow-print issue fixed.  (In case anyone missed
that, my vendor issued a new driver for their printer
that sped up printing.  It's still a little slow,
but it's much, much better than it was.)

Now if I can just fix the "printer on x.x.x.x" instead
of "printer on <servername>" problem.  But that's cosmetic
and I don't care at this point.  3.0.8 will probably fix
it anyway.  :)

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

--J(K)