[Samba] AD Account locked out issue

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:37:56 GMT 2004

I am having several of my AD account getting locked out while users
are trying to get to the samba share from the workstation in the AD
domain. I am trying to figure out if this is something to do with the
samba setup or problem in the AD domain. After the user unlocks their
account, they can get in.  However, there ware few instance when they
had to unlock the account multiple times or wait several minutes
before they can get in. This is something I noticed in the log after a
user tried to access a share.

[2004/11/17 10:28:40, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(648)
  xxxx.xxxxx connect to service systemsweb initially as user
Domain\joe (uid=10093, gid=17540) (pid 31075)
[2004/11/17 10:28:40, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(836)
xxxxxx.xxx.xxxx closed connection to service web

--
Sharif Islam                            http://www.sharifislam.com
Research Programmer