[samba] create account that can join machines but not admin access on domain

MaTT samba at lionix.com
Wed Nov 17 15:32:45 GMT 2004

Hi Daniel... this is from the Samba Docs... will help

  One of my junior staff needs the ability to add machines to the
Domain, but I do not want to give him root access. How can we do this?

Users who are members of the Domain Admins group can add machines to the
Domain. This group is mapped to the UNIX group account called root (or
equivalent on wheel on some UNIX systems) that has a GID of 0. This must
be the primary GID of the account of the user who is a member of the
Windows Domain Admins account.

MRB
http://www.lionix.com
Linux