[Samba] Re: More Printing Fun (Point and print not working)

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Tue Nov 16 23:01:10 GMT 2004

Rob Foehl <> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Jason Balicki wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tips, but neither of these are the case.
>>
>> My smb.conf has me listed as a printer admin
>> in [print$]:
>> printer admin = @adm, root, kodak
>
> Try setting 'printer admin' globally.

Thanks, but I have.  I've got it listed both in the [global]
section and in the [printers] and [print$] sections.  I
doubt that I have done so, but I tried to hit every iteration
thereof.  I'm getting a little crazy what with the changes and
smbd HUPs and the printing-glaven.</frink>, so I'm going
to move this configuration to a test server so I can try some
more radical stuff.

I can't put my finger on why, but I'm a little afraid to change
too much on the production server.

--J(K)