[Samba] 98 reboots after login

robert robert at spotswood-computer.net
Tue Nov 16 22:02:19 GMT 2004

Thanks for the effort, but other than the default entry, WinLogon was empty. I
checked this against another machine that was not having problems and the
entries were identical. For my information, do you remember what was appended
to do the reboot?

Due to pressure (seeing as how these are payroll computers and payday is
coming up), I decided had to take the easy/quick way out. I reinstalled
windows on top of itself and this fixed the problem on both machines. So the
theory it was a client issue was correct. Now as to whether is was a registry
problem or some corrupt file I can't say.

On Monday 15 November 2004 03:54, you wrote:
> i have same problem like you, but I checked the registry of Win98 and I
> found that someone has append something so the machine would go to reboot
> if the logged user is someone else account.
>
> please try checking,
> HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULTSoftware\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
> or
> HKEY_USER\your username
> or
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
>
> maybe there is something that told the machine to reboot
>
> thanks

- --