[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.4 and DOS 6.2.2 - MSDOS Copy problem

Craig Funk craig at lynxseismicdata.com
Tue Nov 16 21:20:45 GMT 2004

It also works for me on Win98,NT,W2K and XP. Only having problems on
DOS 6.2.2. Unfortunately we are still stuck using DOS 6.2.2 on some
machines because we have programs that do not work on DOS 7 and up. So
it would be nice to get this working.

So is there a different COPY command that we could use? I have found
that XCOPY works but it has an annoying prompt that you have to answer
telling it whether the file is a file or directory. I can also use TYPE
FILENAME.DAT > NEWFILE.DAT

Thanks

On 16-Nov-04, at 1:49 PM, Michael Lueck wrote:

> Thoughts / findings
>
> I use MS DOS 7 (ala Win98SE) and copy works fine. I've been banging
> Samba 3 pretty hard since the 3.0.4 build. I tested copy again against
> the 3.0.8 test server I just set up. On the remote drive letter, copy
> from an existing file to a new filename, works fine!
>
> MS had a couple of SMB clients. I think I am using the one from....
> dsk3-1.exe dsk3-2.exe these files I think. There were some updates I
> applied as well. I run it in TCP/IP DHCP mode. Once I got it installed
> it jumped inside a zip file and I never run the install from source
> media. I have scripts to craft my own INI files, etc...
>
> Anyway, now copy would be part of command.com (DOS), the NET files
> would be part of the MS client. So there is a bit of room for variable
> configurations there between our environments.
>
> --
> Michael Lueck
> Lueck Data Systems
>
> Remove the upper case letters NOSPAM to contact me directly.
>
> --

Craig Funk
funkmeister -at- lynxseismicdata -dot- com