[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.4 and DOS 6.2.2 - MSDOS Copy problem

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Nov 16 20:49:59 GMT 2004

Thoughts / findings

I use MS DOS 7 (ala Win98SE) and copy works fine. I've been banging Samba 3 pretty hard since the 3.0.4 build. I tested copy again against the 3.0.8 test server I just set up. On the remote drive
letter, copy from an existing file to a new filename, works fine!

MS had a couple of SMB clients. I think I am using the one from.... dsk3-1.exe dsk3-2.exe these files I think. There were some updates I applied as well. I run it in TCP/IP DHCP mode. Once I got it
installed it jumped inside a zip file and I never run the install from source media. I have scripts to craft my own INI files, etc...

Anyway, now copy would be part of command.com (DOS), the NET files would be part of the MS client. So there is a bit of room for variable configurations there between our environments.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems