[Samba] File/Print wait wait wait and Samba 3.0.8

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Nov 16 20:31:44 GMT 2004

With initial testing here, based on my previous 99.99% ability to produce the "File/Print wait wait wait" problem... it appears to no longer exist in 3.0.8!

However, before I will "confirm" that for sure, I need to get a HP JetDirect attached printer and try that as well. For now I am configuring CUPS to LPT1 on the test server.

Pending further testing (per above) and a successful upgrade of our production Linux / Samba servers to probably 3.0.9 due to the XCopy bug, I would like to treat the Samba team to some pizza.

Stay tuned... ;-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems