[Samba] Access Denied - XCopy from Win2K SP3 to Samba 3.0.8

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Nov 16 17:13:21 GMT 2004

Right in the middle of a big XCopy from Win2K SP3 to Samba 3.0.8 I get an "Access Denied" kicked back from XCopy and it ends. XCopy is building dirs from scratch on the Samba server - starting for a
clean empty share. XFS FS on the server, Debian Sarge.

I've heard of odd things with RoboCopy, but what about XCopy doing this? I suppose I will be cranking up the logs... or is there some known / open issue that addressed this kind of problem?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems