[Samba] Winbind installation on AIX installation woes

Jay Somasundaram Jay.Somasundaram at ers.state.tx.us
Mon Nov 15 16:08:53 GMT 2004

I'm new to Samba, and am trying to set up Samba with Winbind on AIX 5.2.
 The machine is running on is a single-processor 1.2Ghz with 2GB of RAM.
 The cc compiler I am using is version 6.0.

I downloaded the Samba source and executed the following sequence of
commands:

configure --with-winbind
make build
make install

These commands do not seem to have built the libnss_winbind.so file
that the instructions claim in the /source/nsswitch directory.

My questions are:

1) In order to use Samba with winbind, do I need to add any more flags
to my commands above?

2) Why didn't the libnss_winbind.so library get built?

3) The configure and build step took about a day each to run.  Any
ideas on why it would take such a ludicrously long time?

Thank you.

Jay