[Samba] Windows XP SP2 slow printing solution

Walter Willmertinger willmertinger at consys.de
Mon Nov 15 08:45:07 GMT 2004

I upgraded to 3.0.8 with no difference in the speed of the printer
dialogue and other printer related topics.
It is still very, very slow. For example, Adobe 6.0 takes about 10
seconds to show the printer dialogue.

So it seems, that the problem is not fixed.
I sure think it is a problem in SP2, because I removed already SP2 and
all works in normal speed.
The problem is that you cannot go around SP2 only if you ignore any MS
XP updates.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dr. Walter Willmertinger

CONSYS Gesellschaft für Softwaretechnologie und Systementwicklung mbH
Dr. Walter Willmertinger
Landsberger Strasse 402   EMail: willmertinger at consys.de
81241 Muenchen            Phone: 089-589 789 0
Germany                     Fax: 089-589 789 99
WWW-Homepage: http://www.consys.de
So finden Sie zu uns: http://mail.map24.com/consys-muenchen