[Samba] Win98 Login Problem

Stephen Kühn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Mon Nov 15 08:00:55 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 18:46, binc5 wrote:
> ** High Priority **
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to login to a Samba share via win98, When I try get access
> to a shared folder that is protected.  It prompts me for a password.
> the problem is that the username is already typed in and I can not
> change it.  On winxP, when I get prompted I can put in the username and
> password, and it works fine.
>
> Please any help would be muchly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Steven

Try deleting the .PWL files in the C:\WINDOWS directory, reboot and try
again.

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

Q: How many elephants can you fit in a VW Bug? A: Four. Two in the
front, two in the back. Q: How can you tell if an elephant is in your
refrigerator? A: There's a footprint in the mayo. Q: How can you tell if
two elephants are in your refrigerator? A: There's two footprints in the
mayo. Q: How can you tell if three elephants are in your refrigerator?
A: The door won't shut. Q: How can you tell if four elephants are in
your refrigerator? A: There's a VW Bug in your driveway.