[Samba] Problem running kde

Tilo Lutz TiloLutz at gmx.de
Sun Nov 14 19:11:29 GMT 2004

Hi

I use linux 2.6.8, kde 3.3 and samba 3.0.7 on server
and clients. I use ldap to store user accounts.

On client side I want to use pam_automount to
mount homedirs with pam.

For testing i use a singele pc as server and
client
1. I've created a user test.
2. I've mounted test's homedir with:
   mount -t cifs -o username=test //127.0.0.1/test2 /home/test
3. Mounting works correct. I had a problem with a symlink used
   by kde because the link fiename contains a ":" with will be
   mangeled. after turning mangle case of this link is also ok
4. When I nw start kde it will hang.

I was happy because recent versions of samba are supportings
symlinks but kde stilldoesn't work

Does anyone of you have an idea why?
Anyone gt an idea to find the reason kde won't start?

Cheers, Tilo