[Samba] distribute/deploy software to clients

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Sun Nov 14 14:04:23 GMT 2004

Ed Plese wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 05:04:29PM +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:

>>I run a Windows domain based on Samba 3 and I am searching for a way to
>>distribute/deploy software to clients.
>

> Sorry for the late response, but to add to the list of responses,
> http://www.pcrdist.org/ has always seemed like a neat idea.  It's even
> free now.  I haven't taken the time to thoroughly try it out yet though.

I also have a "late response".

There is a project called WPKG - http://wpkg.sourceforge.net - which
also serves this purpose. It was already mentioned it this topic.

As the web page for this project looked rather terrible and didn't tell
much what WPKG does, I decided to help them and make them a (hopefully)
better page - it now consists of some basic (corrected) documentation,
mailing list (there was none previously), etc. all necessary stuff (if I
forgot abut something, let me know).

There is a http backend planned for WPKG, too.

Tomek