[Samba] Re: Re: Recycle does not work in [homes]

Holger Krull holger.krull at gmx.de
Sun Nov 14 10:18:03 GMT 2004

Robert S schrieb:
>>You are using samba 2.x.
>>I don't know about recycle there, sorry
>
> I'm actually using samba 3.0.8.  What makes you think that its 2.x?
>
> Is there anything in my config that's right for 2.x and wrong for 3.x??

It is the way of your config that made me believe your are still using 2.x.
In 3.X an additional config for recycle isn't necessary. And the | as a
seperator stopped working (but could be reintroduced, don't know about 3.08)

Part of my smb.conf:

[raid1]
         comment = 1
         path = /raid1
         read only = No
         create mask = 0777
         directory mask = 0775
         delete readonly = Yes
         vfs objects = recycle
         recycle:keeptree = Yes
         recycle:repository = .Papierkorb/%U
         recycle:noversions = *.doc *.xls *.ppt
         recycle:exclude_dir = /tmp
         recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$* *.~??
         recycle:maxsize = 0
         recycle:versions = Yes
         recycle:touch = Yes