[Samba] Re: Recycle does not work in [homes]

Robert S robert_s at emailme.net.au
Sat Nov 13 23:24:30 GMT 2004

> Send your conf please.

Incidentally  - I've done a workaround where
/home/<user>/.documents/RECYCLER is symlinked to a location in /tmp.  Seems
to achieve a similar result.  I'd be interested to know whats happening here
though.

smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = HOME
        netbios name = MYSERVER
        server string = Samba Server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log file = /var/log/samba.log
        lock dir = /var/lock/samba
        printing = cups
        printcap name = cups

        time server = yes
        dos filetimes = yes
        fake directory create times = yes
        dos filetime resolution = yes
        delete readonly = yes

        vfs object = vscan-clamav,recycle
        vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-clamav.conf
        recycle: config-file = /etc/samba/recycle.conf

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        path = /home/%S/.documents
        valid users = %S