[Samba] Win2K Terminal Server and roaming profiles issue

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 19:01:36 GMT 2004

I have been using Samba 2.2 with LDAP as a PDC for a domain for over a year in a gradeschool setting.  Recently, users have been having problems with roaming profiles not working.  And not all users, just some.  I have applied the policy fix for CompatibleRUPSecurity, along with other suggestions, but  I still get 'the profile cannot be loaded', Access is denied message for somce users.  I should upgrade to 3, but (to be honest) fear that something major will break when I do so.

How hard is it to upgrade to 3.0.8 while maintaining the LDAP functionality?  I am not an expert in any of this, just stubborn enough about getting it to work that I will try, but need clear instructions.

At wits end,
Dave Hopkins
Parent Volunteer
Newark Charter School