[Samba] libldap is needed for LDAP support

David Evans-Roberts d.evans-roberts at hrwallingford.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 16:12:44 GMT 2004

I am having a problem running configure, under Solaris 9.  I get the above
error message.  I get this problem, with both 3.0.7 and 3.0.8.  The command
I am running is :

./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --sysconfdir=/etc/sfw --with-smbwrapper
--with-acl-support --w
ith-ldap --with-ldapsam --with-ads --with-krb5=/usr/lib/krb5

I get this with the Sun ldap libraries (which I asummme are OpenLDAP by
anonther name) in /usr/lib, and also with the OpenLDAP libraries in
/usr/local/lib.  In both cases libldap is there.

I noticed a similar query in early October, but could not find a response.
Any help gratefully received.

Regards

David Evans-Roberts
daveer at hrwallingford.co.uk
Systems Administrator
HR Wallingford

HR Wallingford uses Faxes and Emails for confidential and
legally privileged business communications.  They do not of
themselves create legal commitments.  Disclosure to parties
other than addressees requires our specific consent.  We are
not liable for unauthorised disclosures nor reliance upon them.
If you have received this message in error please advise us
immediately and destroy all copies of it.