[Samba] Transfer winbind idmap to LDAP

Marcel de Riedmatten mdr at dotforge.ch
Fri Nov 12 15:14:49 GMT 2004

Le mer 10/11/2004 à 11:21, Paul Coray a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> This seems simple, but I can't figure how tho acheive it.
>
> I have:
>
> - NT4-PDC
> - Fileserver (Solaris 9), Samba 3.0.2 member server with winbind
>
> I want to migrate my NT4-PDC to Samba PDC with ldapsam. How can I make
> sure that after vamprie my old PDC to Samba-PDC, the user and group ids
> will be the same as in the winbind-idmap of my Samba member server?

Hi Paul

this is my suggestion:

1) get the winbind-idmap in text form with a getent passwd for example

2) remove the nss_winbind from the nssswitch.conf or what it is on
solaris; this is because the vampire will look in the unix database to
see if the account exist and if the account already exist it w'ont be
added.

3) hack the script defined under "user add script" who will be adding
the users to use the information of 1). With the ldap backend this is
usually smbldap-useradd .

4) do the usual procedure

Anyone has a better idea !

Cheers