[Samba] different announces between w2k and xp

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at katamail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:46:50 GMT 2004

Hi,
as I wrote in a previous e-mail, we are noting different announcing between a
w2k computer and an xp one (both professional). The computers are not trying
to log on a windows domain, and this time I can provide also a dump of
traffic thru ethereal. As you can see from the attached files, the win2k
computer sends also the username (marty) along the network, and we cannot
understand why. Is just a problem of a different implementation of the SMB
stacks among different operating systems, or there's a specific reason for
this behavior?

Thanks,
Luca & Luca