[Samba] Confused with profile filesystem permissions

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Tue Nov 9 18:08:49 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 07:38:28PM -0700, John H Terpstra wrote:
> My top level: /var/lib/samba/profiles is owned by root, group = root.
> Permissions are: 0770

I noticed that if /var/lig/samba/profiles doesn't have a subdirectory with
the user's name, and if it has permissions like 1777, then windows will
create the user's profile directory automatically.

Do you see anything obviously wrong with it? If one uses create mask 0600
and directory mask 0700 for the profile share, the user's profile will be
mode 0700 and thus protected from other users.
BUT the user him/herself would be able to delete the profile directory... Hmm...