[Samba] smbmount and session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.

"Alexander Schäffer" as_ at gmx.net
Tue Nov 9 15:27:09 GMT 2004

hi,
i try to mount on a windows domain a network share with the following
command:
smbmount //windowsserver/share ~/mnt -o username=domain\\myacount

this works fine for some of my collegues with redhat, debian and suse 8.x.
but for my and one of my collegues with Suse 9.0 it is not working. I
get the following error message:

Password:
8696: session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password
pair in
a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
SMB connection failed

If i try to mount a windows directory on another computer (not on the
domain) and
i use a local user acount it is working.

a smbclient -L windowsserver -U username returns all the shares on that
computer?

i tried it with smbclient version 2.2.8 and a 3.0.8 with both the same
problem.

thanks alex

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!