[Samba] XP shares not visable.

Jim Rainville jim at rainville.net
Mon Nov 8 18:35:30 GMT 2004

Hi -

I am trying to set up a very simple samba network in my home. I have one
Linux machine running samba with a share called storage. I have three
windows XP machines (XP professional SP2). All four machines are connected
through a private address space (192.168.0.x). From any of the XP machines
I can browse the network and see all four machines. If I click on the
Linux machine I can access the share just fine. The problem is when I try
to access a share on one of the other XP machines I don't see them. All I
see if I click on that machine is the samba shares. For example if I'm on
the machine named Study and I click on the machine name Kitchen all I see
on that machine is the share named "storage" which is on the linux
machine. I have two shares set up on the kitchen machine named "Music" and
"download" but those are not visiable.
I'm running Samba version 2.2.7a.

Thanks.
Jim