[Samba] Re: distribute/deploy software to clients

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Nov 8 16:53:29 GMT 2004

rruegner wrote:

> So writing a all featured solution would be
> to much for a open source project i think.

No, it is just that a proper solution to the problem requires different work procedures and tools to arrive at the desired end-point. It is not simply "take what we have today and plug in a tool to
fix it all"... the proper solution requires starting over on a clean piece of paper and building a system which answers all of the requirements presented in computing today. Adding duct tape tools to
today's patchwork quilt of computing is just one more piece in the patchwork quilt, it's not a new picture at all.

> Perhaps MS sometime will release a good
> working solution themselves, then the way would be free
> to clone this with open source

Why do you think all good ideas must first come from M$, then to have a subset of the features implemented in a free / open source version. M$ does not have the vision market cornered by any means!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems