[Samba] installing printer in a logon script

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Nov 8 15:33:57 GMT 2004

> OK, this is partially my fault, as installing printer drivers on Samba
> manually (not using Windows GUI) is so complicated and unintuitive
> that I think it's even more complicated than configuring IPSec on two
> machines with dynamic IP, one behind NAT!

With or without control of the firewall/nat box?

> rundll printui.dll,PrintUIEntry has already a switch to use a given
> inf file for a chosen printer - and as win2k already *has* these
> printer drivers, I feel no need to copy them from Samba. Doing it from
> a slow dial-up can be unpleasant experience for an end-user, each time
> he/she logs in.

Isn't your desired line, which you earier stated was:
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /q /y /ga /if /f
\\server\shared\HP_2000C\hp_2x00c.inf /in /n \\server\HP_2000C
doing the same thing?

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322