[Samba] installing printer in a logon script

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Mon Nov 8 14:40:25 GMT 2004

Kristyan Osborne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just use Kixtart. The syntax is really easy and it just works.
>
> addprinterconnection("\\sambaserver\printername")
> setdefaultprinter("\\sambaserver\printername")
>
> really easy.

Maybe it's easy, but it doesn't add any printer, so it's of no use:

kixprint.kix:

addprinterconnection("\\server\HP_2000C")
setdefaultprinter("\\server\HP_2000C")

C:\KiX> c:\kixprint.kix
17972
C:\KiX>

and this is all it does.
how can you specify printer drivers to KiX? I didn't find it in manual -
in fact - I found only these two above commands (addprinterconnection
and setdefaultprinter) concernig printing (and one more to remove printer).

Tomek