[Samba] Re: distribute/deploy software to clients

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sun Nov 7 17:11:26 GMT 2004

Florian Effenberger wrote:

> thanks for the feedback. However - simple question: How to achieve that?
> It's not that easy figuring out all those entries...

Tools...

Novadigm (now HP) Radia is maybe the "best" vendor tool. They won't answer the phone unless you have at least 1000 nodes. (Which is stupid in my opinion) Good support of distributing MSI's over HTTP.

These tools are pretty good for low end:

http://www.newboundary.com/

I have PrismPack wrapped into my Opus 3 technology to managed Win2K clients. Disk imaging is my own. Automation of putting the correct Prism packages on the machine is mine as well. As for pre/post
scan this tool is about the best out there for now.

And I can't comment on what LDS will be offering at this time, what Opus 4 will / will not turn out to be.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems