[Samba] How to stop samba from showing in share title

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Sat Nov 6 22:54:34 GMT 2004

Look at
HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComputerDescriptions
This is your culprit.
It remembers the server string from the very first connection and reuses
it.  If you didn't change it, after the next upgrade, it would list the
wrong version.
Try it on a client that never connected to samba before.  It should use
the new Server String.

Regards, Doug