[Samba] Doubt about samba

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Fri Nov 5 18:32:36 GMT 2004

Anoop Pudhukode <mailto:ampudhukode at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to load a module trying to replace all the
> system calls. Is smbfs in client or server? Why is it
> a different beast?

smbfs is a filesystem that allows Windows network shares
to be mounted on a unix system.  I'm sorry I even mentioned
it as it's not a part of the Samba suite.  But it was
the only sort-of-Samba-related kernel module that I could
think of.

I think it's a safe bet that if you're trying to replace
system calls with the module you're loading that the
problem is with your module and not with Samba.  I
highly reccomend contacting the authors of the module
you're trying to load and explaining the problem to
them.

If you would give the name of the module you're trying
to load, or a link to where you got it, or something
then maybe someone else who's running that module and
Samba might be able to help you out.

HTH,

--J(K)