[Samba] 3.0.8pre2 and domain admins question

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Fri Nov 5 16:47:49 GMT 2004

On 11/05/2004 10:39 AM, Paul Gienger wrote:

>>        Is this the expected behavior?
>>
>>        Does Samba not look at secondary group memberships for accounts?
>>
>>        Is this something odd because I am on a Solaris box?  (hey, it
>> has happened before.)
>

> That all depends.  What is your passdb backend and system auth mode?
> There's a filed bug against secondary groups coming from LDAP in Solaris
> 8/9 past a certain release/patch level and also Solaris 10.

	Ha, knew I forgot something.

	Right now the test system is using the old smbpasswd back end and is
set for "security = user" - it is currently functioning as a PDC for the
a test domain.

-Bob

Bob Martel,System Administrator  I met someone who looks a lot like you
Levin College of Urban Affairs   She does the things you do
Cleveland State University       But she is an IBM
(216) 687-2214
bob at urban.csuohio.edu                                -Jeff Lynne