[Samba] samba and mysql backend

Frank Torontour frank at canasoft.net
Thu Nov 4 20:54:26 GMT 2004

  Hello,

  I have successfully compiled samba with the mysql module. I had to
make this change for it to compile. In:

samba-3.0.7/source/passwd/pdb_mysql.c

change
#include <mysql/mysql.h>

#include <mysql.h>

Then I setup the smb.conf file for mysql:

netbios name = machine
workgroup = coach
security = user
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes
passdb backend = mysql:samba
samba:mysql host = localhost
samba:mysql user = samba1
samba:mysql password = password
samba:mysql database = samba
samba:lanman pass column = lm_pw
samba:nt pass column = nt_pw
samba:plain pass column = NULL

  Samba is able to connect to the database with no errors. I used
mysql.dump to create the database. All went good at this part and the
database looks ok. Then I used pdbedit to create a user called username.
Now what is happening when I try to mount the drive from windows I get
an error in the log:

[2004/11/04 12:58:20, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(800)
  mach5 (66.201.209.1) couldn't find service username

Regards,
Frank Torontour
Network Administrator
frank at canasoft.net