[Samba] netlogon scripts for machines / groups - possible?

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Thu Nov 4 15:57:39 GMT 2004

Tomasz Chmielewski <> wrote:
> Is it possible to execute also a "machine script" (for installing
> software etc.), and "group script" (users belonging to a certain group
> should have specific settings applied)?
>
> I was thinking of something like:
>
> logon script = %U.bat - now it's executed for a user
>
> machine logon script = %m.bat
>
> group logon script = %g.bat

Hmmm.  I don't know of any specific mechanisim to do this, but you
might be able to do some of it with just the batch files.

For example, in your %U.bat you could call another batch file
with %COMPUTERNAME%.bat.

I'm not sure how to solve the group problem, though.  I'm
not aware of a mechanisim to retrieve the users group
from the command line.  You may be able to do this
by using visual basic logon scripts, but that's beyond
my capabilities, sorry.

HTH,

--J(K)