[Samba] Samba3 + LDAP - troubles joining domain (have to do ittwice)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Thu Nov 4 14:22:53 GMT 2004

Gustavo Lima wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> Can you clarify something in your setup?
>
> How do you setup smbldap-tools and smb.conf on the BDC to work with both
> master and slave ldap?

I don't have any BDC, I have only PDC as it's enough for my needs.

smb.conf doesn't have anything to do with choosing master or slave.

It is done with smbldap-tools (0.85) - in /etc/smbldap-tools there
should be two config files.
You can specify there a master and a slave (master will be used for
writing).

In smb.conf there are configured tools which are used for adding useers
or machines - these tools are smbldap-useradd etc.
They read settings from /etc/smbldap-tools, and this is the whole mystery :)

If you want, I can send these files anyway.

Tomek