[Samba] Re: Trusting and trusted domain (home mapping) problem

Adrian Chow achow at uwcsea.edu.sg
Thu Nov 4 02:36:23 GMT 2004

Hi Igor,

Just to let you now that the "smbclient //domain_b_pdc/shared -U
domain_a/domain_a_user" is working.

To make it work, I have to put winbind in the nsswitch.conf.  The reason
why it did not work is 2 fold:-
1.  The Domain Users in the domain_A is very large (397 users).  When I
did "getent group" on domain_b, it does not actually show up
"domain_A\domain users".  But after a while after restarting the daemon,
it will appear.  Maybe through out my testing, every change in the
smb.conf file, I will restart the winbind daemon and hence have lots of
problem.
2.  I did not test the smbclient on domain_b_pdc.  "smbclient
//domain_a_pdc/shared -U domain_b/domain_b_user" would also have work
earlier as the domain users in domain_b is very small.

Also to let you know that I have upgraded to samba 3.07 for both PDCs.
I think partial to the problem I had earlier, it is because of using
different versions (3.04 and 3.07).

HOWEVER, the original problem of mapping the home directory still exist.

adrian