[Samba] Local administrator for domain user, vs local user

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Wed Nov 3 16:25:42 GMT 2004

Hi,

If I add a domain user to a local client's Administrator group, that user
seems to have less rights than if I add a local user to the local
Administrator's group.  Specifically Windows XP SP2, and Samba 3.0.7.  I
notice that the domain user can't load user hives, can't delete registry keys
owned by local Administrators, and things like that.  Is this a problem with
Windows or with Samba?  I had expected that a local administrator was a local
administrator, no matter where they were authenticated from.

Thanks for your help.  I apologize if this is a duplicate -- my local system
crashed and it doesn't look like it sent this mail when I composed it the
first time.

Misty