[Samba] Samba3 + LDAP - troubles joining domain (have to do it twice)

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Nov 3 16:06:20 GMT 2004

> In case someone was using smbldap-tool 0.85, this change is around
> line 390, and looks like below (note there is no
> "$ldap_master->unbind;" and there is "return 1;") - I set it to 15,
> just in case:

Hrm, coulda sworn that I was using 0.85... but I have been wrong before,
just once.

It should be noted that you should make sure that LDAP is your issue
before doing this just so that you aren't masking the real issue.  In my
case you could watch the LDAP query come through while watching the
samba logs and you'd actually see samba asking for the sambaSAMAccount
entry before it replicated through to the slave.  This sounds like your
issue as well if your 'high latency link' is slow enough.

If you're running a simple non-replicated setup or if your slave isn't
over a high(ish) latency link I'd keep looking for other issues.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322