[Samba] Re: users in multiple groups?

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Wed Nov 3 06:40:36 GMT 2004

> We are going to lots of departmental shares, firstly we want only people
> anybody have sugesstions?
>
> I was thinking of groupmappings to either /etc/group or a posixGroup in
> LDAP (net groupmap)

There's something you should know in regards to posixGroup if you don't
already. The LDAP schema for it is way out of date and the consequence
is that group based access to the database using posixgroup is broken.
Use duplicate groups of the type "groupofnames" until they get it fixed.

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings @ hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844  |
| Y!: j_c_llings            Jabber: jcllings @ njs.netlab.cz	|