[Samba] Problem with files owner and quotas

Marcos Vinicius Buzo annihil4tor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:12:21 GMT 2004

Hi everybody, first of all I'm an English student, i'm sorry if I make
any mistake about English, please, correct-me =) . I have some
problems with a samba server working as PDC, when I copy some file to
the samba share, the owner of the file is root, so, my quota system
doesn't work. I tried using the FORCE USER = %U option in the [shares]
section, it worked, but I don't know if it is the correct way to do
it, I want to copy a file to the share from windows clients, and that
the owner is %U, Is there any way to do it ?

The samba version I'm using is 3.0.7 and the server is a FreeBSD, the
quotas system in the OS are working ok.

Thanks in Advance,

Marcos Vinicius Buzo
Brazil