[Samba] Converting an LDAP server to use Samba 3

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Mon Nov 1 22:42:30 GMT 2004

I tried copying apple.schema from a Panther box, but it still depends on
things defined by the samba 2.x samba.schema file.  No change.

I'm curious as to how people are serving both Samba 3 accounts and OS X
accounts.    I thought perhaps you don't need apple.schema at all, but
taking it out caused the automount maps to not be served for some reason
(although strangely I got no errors.. just that people couldn't mount
their home directories anymore).

Anyone else have any insight?

--Andy