[samba] users in multiple groups?

Daniel Wilson daniel.wilson at sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 15:38:48 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have setup samba 3.0.7 with LDAP and NetApps Filers as our file store.

We are going to lots of departmental shares, firstly we want only people
from their own dept to have access to their department share, but users
from other departments may need access to other dept shares, i would
like to set up permissions on each dept share so a group is applied,
then every user is added to the group, but i cant seem to find a way for
a user to be part of multiple groups, sambaPrimaryGroupSID isnt
multi-valued, neither is gidNumber. Is there any way around this, has
anybody have sugesstions?

I was thinking of groupmappings to either /etc/group or a posixGroup in
LDAP (net groupmap)

Thanks

Daniel Wilson
Systems Administrator

IT & Communications Service
University of Sunderland
Unit1 Technology Park
Chester Road
Sunderland
SR2 7PT

Tel: 0191 515 2695

This e-mail contains information which is confidential and may be privileged and is for the exclusive use of the recipient.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this message and its attachments are virus free.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University, unless otherwise specifically
stated.