[Samba] Samba Add Machine Script

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Nov 1 14:01:25 GMT 2004

>Don't know why you have to use %u seeing as %m is the NetBIOS machine name
>but it works.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that if your machine is named
CoolWorkstation that %u = CoolWorkstation$ and %m is simply
CoolWorkstation.  Samba needs to have the $ on the end of the unix
account name if it is to be a machine account.

>Adrian Hicks
>
>On 30 October 2004 am 01:07, Corral, Randy wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>Currently we are running Samba 3.0.7 on Solaris 8 and we are
>>experiencing a problem that the user system are not being added
>>automatically with the add machine script:
>>
>>/usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m
>>
>>If we run it manually it works.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Randy Corral
>>Information Systems
>>Brooks Automation
>>Phoenix, Arizona
>>602-861-9395 ext. 228
>>Fax: 602-861-1442

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322