[Samba] Re: Windows User Admin Tool error

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Mon Nov 1 01:35:12 GMT 2004

Jim C. schrieb:
>> I've got a Fedora Core 2 box running Samba smbd version 3.0.7-2.FC2.
>> I've set it up as a Domain master for a new domain.
>> I setup a Win2K Server box and had it join the domain.
>> I made an "administrator" user,
>> I mapped the groups via:
>> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admins
>> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users
>> I made the "administrator" the admin user in the smb.conf:
>> admin users = administrator
>> I can login to the domain, using the administrator, create files
>> in the admin's home dir, etc.
>> Now I want to use svrtools (actually, I want my Windows admin to
>> be able to use them). I got the svrtools.exe as per the Samba
>> docs, installed them on the Win2K box, and executed the User Admin Tool.
>> It shows the list of users that the samba box has defined.
>> I double click oun any user, and get this message:
>> "The specified procedure could not be found."
>

> I've also been trying to get these tools to work for as long as I've
> been messing with Samba (5-6 years now?) and no dice.   What are the
> requirements for this to function?  I always get "A device attached to
> the system is not functioning" when I try to use user manager for domains.
>

> Jim C.
Hi srvmgr and usmgr work , but i do not recommand to use srvmgr...but it
works
depending to your pass auth ( ldap...smppasswd ) you have to set
the right parameters in smb.conf as well as for srvmgr wiht the add
share parameter and a script included in samba sources
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AdvancedNetworkManagement.html#id2576258
Regards