[Samba] Re: films on Desktops and roaming profiles

gints neimanis gints at venta.lv
Mon May 31 17:43:54 GMT 2004

There is simple solution with logon script un registry file, which puts
necessary registry keys in the user enviroment:

=== logon.bat ======
echo off
net use g: /home
regedit /S \\server\netlogon\usf.reg
net use k: \\server\pub$
net use p: \\server\appz
net time \\server /set /yes
cls
==== end ============

==== usf.reg ========
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]
"AppData"="G:\\PROFILE\\APPDATA"
"Desktop"="g:\\PROFILE\\Desktop"
"Favorites"="g:\\PROFILE\\Favorites"
"Personal"="G:"
"My Pictures"="G:\\PROFILE\\My Pictures"
"Templates"="G:\\PROFILE\\Templates"

If you decide to use Group policies, IMHO you can write our own
administrative templates, but I don't have big experience with Group
policies.

Gints