[Samba] English & Japanese Languages

Larry Hansford lhansfor at lch-assoc.com
Mon May 31 15:25:56 GMT 2004

At 02:32 PM 5/27/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:32:10PM -0400, Larry Hansford wrote:
> > I haven't seen any replies to this one, and wonder if anyone has any
> > suggestions.  I added the following 3 lines to the [global] section:
> >
> >  dos charset = CP932
> >  unix charset = EUC-JP
> >  display charset = CP932
> >
> > The Japanese workstations can create, edit, and view new files, in the
> > Japanese language.  But, they cannot open any files that existed prior to
> > the upgrade to Samba 3.0.4-1.    I'd like to get the rest of the files
> > available to them as well.
>
>You need to convert all the files prior to the conversion to have
>EUC-JP filenames. There is a script someone posted to the list
>(no I don't have a link, sorry) that will do such a conversion
>over a directory tree.

Thanks!  I dug through the archives, but didn't find the message with the
script.  I did a Google search, and found the utility convmv, with good
documentation.  I manually ran that against several directories, and it
corrected the problem.

If anyone has a link to the script, I would still like to look at it.